Enlightened Capitalism & Free Marketeers
How is society best organized to maximize the happiness of the people? The answer is an intellectually based, empirically proven and emotionally satisfying business operating philosophy that
- Maximizes mankind’s wealth, and
- Distributes the wealth most widely, through
- Free people freely engaging in commerce in free markets – Free Market Capitalism.
When business owners:
- Conduct their affairs with the big picture and long term in mind, they will
- act with integrity, honesty and fair dealing, the result is the 6 benefits of Free Market Capitalism:
- Maximum wealth creation, prosperity and opportunity
- The widest distribution of that wealth, prosperity and opportunity
- Maximum freedom
- Maximum opportunity for everyone to fulfill their potential
- Enough wealth to provide for those who cannot care for themselves,
- Upward pressure on real wages.
“The innovator had grown rich, which is good and had spread prosperity around him, which is better…No pocket was so humble that it did not contain a little money; no dwelling so obscure that it did not shelter a little happiness”. This commentary on the Enlightened Capitalist Jean Valjean of LES MISERABLES by Victor Hugo says most eloquently how the Enlightened Capitalist benefits mankind.
Enlightened Capitalism is a comprehensive business philosophy that advocates what Victor Hugo’s fictional Jean Valjean did; “doing well in business, by doing good things for others”. It is essentially a philosophy of enlightened self interest. We advocate hard headed, rational business practices that will make the business owner wealthier by always acting in a way that:
- directly benefits those who make the business possible (customers, employees, suppliers),
- indirectly benefits the community so business can thrive in a stable world. (Great wealth, with widening disparity between rich & poor, will inevitably be plundered).
Free Market Capitalism, especially when practiced by Enlightened Capitalists has throughout history provided not only the best, but the only sustainable path to widely dispersed prosperity, opportunity and stability. Indeed, the mission of capitalism’s greatest advocate, Adam Smith, was not to study the wealth of individuals, but the “Wealth of Nations”. He concluded that an economic system that allows maximum freedom for individuals to become wealthy will necessarily benefit the most people. But, advocates of Free Market Capitalism too often fail to clearly say that their goal is to help the most people enjoy permanent prosperity. We intend to correct that.
Our Website’s purpose and goal is to present the business, financial, economic, philanthropic and political consequences of the Enlightened Capitalism philosophy and put forth an action plan to:
- Present the remarkable success enjoyed by Enlightened Capitalists – the Free MarketEErs,
- Educate the public about Enlightened Capitalism and encourage others to adopt the philosophy,
- Fund Enlightened Capitalism endeavors in a multitude of ways, and
- Advocate political action to create an electoral majority in favor of the policies that will benefit the most people: low tax rates, small government, less regulation and legal reform.