Step One: Conduct a Survey
-A study of the history of and motivation for business charity to set the stage for encouraging business giving based on “enlightened self interest” – a company prospering by helping others.
-The emphasis will be on to what extent business giving is more consistent with the aims of the giver, as well as more plentiful, effective & permanent, if it is in the giver’s best interests and produces:
- better qualified, more reliable, more loyal and more productive employees,
- uniquely powerful marketing opportunities, and
- A more prosperous community and economy.
The result can be:
- an expanding supply of increasingly meaningful jobs
- a better life for the beneficiaries, all to the betterment of the company, community and nation.
Step Two: encourage Charity Consistent with the Free Enterprise System by:
- quantifying the extent that businesses have flourished due to adoption of this win/win policy
- as a way to encourage others to follow this uniquely American means of economic progress,
- and then create a strategic plan to help more businesses implement the business strategy.
Step Three: Eliminate violation of Donor Intent through showing that if the funding entity is the business which creates the funds, then two benefits result:
- the motivation to continue funding is permanent,
- the risk of donor intent being abridged is far lower.
Means of Achieving the Goal – a Step by Step Business Strategy
- A POPULAR BOOK demonstrating Enlightened Capitalism through profiles of successful users of the philosophy and providing practical guidance on how to implement Enlightened Capitalism policies.
- TELEVISION SERIES:
- a DOCUMENTARY that showcases Enlightened Capitalism businesses in history, and
- a “REALITY TV SHOW” which shows Enlightened Capitalism in action.
- Enlightened Capitalism presentations to businesses,
- Enlightened Capitalism presentations to college students,
- Enlightened Capitalism workshops for elementary, middle and high school students
- CONSULTING; provide businesses with ways to implement Enlightened Capitalism, which funds all our activities
- A COMMUNITY WIDE DEMONSTRATION in which all businesses adopt the Enlightened Capitalism model.
- EB-5 VISA BUSINESS FUNDING which requires the use of Enlightened Capitalism policies.
- FUNDING REPLICATION OF THE MODEL through grants.
- EVALUATING AND REWARDING; through an annual awards banquet.
- CULTURAL RE-ENFORCEMENT through theatrical and made for TV movies and the development of “gathering places” which showcase Enlightened Capitalism.